Wednesday, 18 June 2014
Thursday, 15 May 2014
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups bread
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. margarine or butter (melted)
- food colour (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat milk until bubbles appear around edges over low heat.
- Remove milk from heat, then add the diced bread.
- Soak for 30 minutes.
- Blend in eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and butter. Food colour is optional.
- Pour into baking dish, place dish in a larger dish with warm water.
- Steam bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Cook until tester knife inserted comes out clean.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 green seeded and sliced capsicum
- 500 grams prawns
- 440 grams can pineapple pieces, (drained with 1/4 cup juice retained)
- 1 piece tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 piece big onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Stir fry the capsicum for 1 minute.
- Add prawns and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Blend in pineapple, tomato and combined honey,pineapple juice,stock and oyster sauce.
- Toss until boiling.
- Stir in onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 225 grams plain flour
- 500 ml warm water
- 7.5 grams yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 50 ml oil
- Mix the yeast in a bowl with few tbsp. of warm water.
- Stir until yeast is dissolve. Leave for five minutes.
- In a separate bowl, put salt and sift in the flour.
- Add the 2/3 of the water in the flour mixture and add the yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place until mixture risen up doubled.
- Mixture should be thick but pours easily. Add more water if needed.
- Heat frying pan in a medium heat and put a little bit of oil.
- Using any mold or egg ring, put it in the pan.
- Pour in enough batter to egg rings about 1/2 full.
- Cook on low heat until small holes appear.
- Best topped with caramel, maple syrup, honey or anything you like.