- 225 grams plain flour
- 500 ml warm water
- 7.5 grams yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 50 ml oil
- Mix the yeast in a bowl with few tbsp. of warm water.
- Stir until yeast is dissolve. Leave for five minutes.
- In a separate bowl, put salt and sift in the flour.
- Add the 2/3 of the water in the flour mixture and add the yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place until mixture risen up doubled.
- Mixture should be thick but pours easily. Add more water if needed.
- Heat frying pan in a medium heat and put a little bit of oil.
- Using any mold or egg ring, put it in the pan.
- Pour in enough batter to egg rings about 1/2 full.
- Cook on low heat until small holes appear.
- Best topped with caramel, maple syrup, honey or anything you like.